OUR PRODUCTION MODEL
Maxipos is not a manufacturer; our production model uses high quality factories around the world to produce the products our clients ask us to source. This gives us the flexibility to offer a wide range of products and to use whichever manufacturer we feel is the most suitable for each project.
We spend a lot of time identifying the best factories in terms of price, production quality and reliability. We take time to analyse their plant lists and processes, and develop a relationship with their management team so that they understand our way of working and quality expectations. We ask each of our suppliers to agree to a detailed contract which covers all aspects of production, service and delivery.
Although we are constantly seeking new suppliers, we like to keep our supply base relatively small; we only recruit a new factory when we feel they will improve our supply base or broaden our product offering to our clients.
WHERE ARE OUR SUPPLIERS BASED?
We strongly believe in keeping the manufacture of our products in the UK as much of possible and we have a core base of excellent British factories. However, a lot of products we source can not be made economically in the UK; this is particularly the case with bespoke branded merchandise. As a result, we have developed long-standing partnerships with factories in Spain, Poland, Indonesia, China and India. Due to our detailed project management and the experience of dealing with overseas suppliers, the service we provide to our clients remains constant, irrespective of where our factories are based. Many of our clients have had issues dealing direct with factories overseas, in particular China, so we provide peace of mind and a quality guarantee to them when production is done outside the UK.
OUR AUDITING PROCESS
We are committed to ensuring that the products we source are produced in ethically sound environments, through a supply chain that adheres to international standards established to protect people and the planet. Our aim is to provide our clients with peace of mind when sourcing products from overseas. We make sure all the factories we use are audited by third-party auditing companies (for example SEDEX and SGS) and we also check that they adhere to the following CSR requirements:
- Employment is freely chosen; there is no forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour.
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected; workers have the right to join or form trade unions.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic; workers receive regular and recorded health and safety training.
- Child labour shall not be used.
- Living wages are paid; we make sure that wages and benefits meet, at a minimum, the national legal standards. In addition, deduction from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
- Working hours are not excessive; they shall not be required to work on a regular basis in excess of 48 hours per week and have at least 1 day off for every 7 day period on average. Overtime is voluntary and shall not exceed 12 hours per week.
- No discrimination is practised in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Regular employment is provided.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
ADDITIONAL MAXIPOS REQUIREMENTS:
- Our audit standards are high and our ethical audits are in-line with SA8000 criteria.
- Manufacturing suppliers must have written environmental policy appropriate to the size and nature of the supplier’s operations; this must address CO2 emissions, waste, energy, wood and paper management.
- Suppliers must abide by all legislation and regulations related to the protection of the environmental and the handling of dangerous and hazardous materials.
- Suppliers should work actively to improve the environment in the communities in which they operate and pursue initiatives to bring about such improvement.
- We expect suppliers to respect the human rights of their employees and to comply with all relevant legislation, regulations and directives in the countries and communities in which they operate.
- We work together with our clients, factories and SGS in order to make sure that all products sourced are complying with UK market regulations.